Capitalize North, South, East, West, and words such as Northwest when they indicate a section of the world or country. Do not capitalize them when they indicate a direction.
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. I used to live in the northwest.
2. go north a mile and then turn east for two miles.
3. The west is burning up this year.
4. The Navahos of the southwest make beautiful blankets.
5. The north is cold, but if you travel south, the weather becomes warmer.
--For answers scroll down.
http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in eBook and Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog